Please find below a list of many of the trainings that the Progressive Technology Project has conducted over the years. Each training contains links to materials used in the trainings.
The following describes the Training Agenda for focusing on PowerBase features, activities, and workflows that will be covered in the PowerBase Initial Organizational Trainings. These items may be covered in more than one training depending on the work priorities and relevance of the topic for the organization’s training.. (a pdf version of this page is available below)
PowerBase Initial Organizational Training Agenda
How to Request Support and Find Resources
The following questions are intended to provoke discussion more than nail down concrete answers. Feel free to answer as loosely or specifically as you feel useful to your organizing needs.
Answer for each of the social media accounts you use regularly.
Do you post from an organizational account, from your organizers' individual work accounts, or from your organizer's personal accounts?
Presented in March 2017
Presented in February 2017
Materials will not be printed for you at the training. If you want a paper copy, please download and print before you come.
This REVERB Online webinar, originally recorded on March 5, 2015, features a discussion with Alicia Garza, co-founder of #BlackLivesMatter, with lessons learned from her experience using messaging, technology and social media to organize a 21st century movement that confronts racism and the murders of unarmed black men and children. This discussion highlights how the #BlackLivesMatter movement has been effective in using technology to build a movement.
This REVERB training will help participants learn how to:
- Use and design your emails to get your constituents to pay attention to your messages
- Use and design your website to better engage your audience
- Use Twitter in appropriate ways for your organizing and communication campaigns
- Use Facebook in ways to enhance your outreach efforts for your organizing and communications
- Write an “elevator pitch” for use on your website and other communications
- Use imagery to tell your story
- Use video to tell your story to a targeted audience
- How to integrate communications technology for your overall campaign strategies
- Be agile in planning your communications using workflows and other planning tools
- Improve your collection of meaningful data and learn how data can inform your communications strategies and your technology choices to effectively engage your constituents
- Implement your communication strategies using PowerBase / CiviCRM (Day 3 only)
The 2-day Grassroots Fundraising & Technology Training will help groups understand how to integrate their grassroots fundraising with their on-going organizing and communications activities. We emphasize multi-channel approaches to grassroots fundraising so that online and on-the-ground activities are highly coordinated and inter-connected.
9:00 AM through 5:00 PM
10 East 34th Street 10th Floor
New York, NY 10016
Day 1: PowerBase Fundamentals
A foundational track designed for participants that need a stronger foundation in the key features of PowerBase. This track will go at a pace designed to optimize a better understanding of PowerBase. After attending this session, participants will know how to