This workshop was designed collaboratively between PTP and Ken Montenegro, who is the Director of IT at Asian Americans Advancing Justice, the National Vice President of the National Lawyers Guild, and a coalition member of Stop LAPD Spying Coalition.
- Opening Question - What is your biggest security fear? Please share stories of security "incidences" that you're comfortable sharing.
- Framing "Security": Holistic Security & Data Stewardship
- Discussion: Political Environment
- What aspects of the current political environment are relevant to your work?
- Assessment: what it means, why it's important
- Exercise: How do stories align with strategies for digital defense?
- Exercise report back and questions
- Basic Fundamental strategies
- Highlight Baseline Security Guide for Organizers
- Share: what practices and measures do you already have in place that you feel the best about?
- Closing / Reflection
- What additional support do you think you would need to become a more secure organization?
- Is there something you wish we had covered or had had more time to cover?
- Digital Security Overview Worksheet - english
- Digital Security Overview Worksheet - spanish
- Baseline security guide for all organizers