This training will help you develop an integrated grassroots fundraising approach for your organization. Progressive Technology Project has been working with grassroots organizations to help them raise money for their organization in an effective, integrated manner.
Among the topics we'll cover:
- Sprint Fundraising Campaigns
- Communications for Fundraising
- Different Ways of Fundraising: Which types are more effective for your organization?
- Integrating Your Organizing, Communications, Technology and Fundraising
- Creating Reports and Using Dashboards
- The training runs from 9AM to 5PM on both days
- We will be using PowerBase, which is built upon CiviCRM. You will need a notebook / laptop computer to access PowerBase/CiviCRM
- The training is a combination of demonstration and hands-on application of what is being covered
- There will be built-in time for consultation with our training team on your specific question
- Date: Thursday July 31 and Friday August 1 2014.
- Time: 9AM to 5PM, both days
- Location: Johns Hopkins University, Homewood Campus, Maryland Hall, Rooms 104 and 114, Baltimore, MD
Please plan on arranging your own accommodations, travel and food to the training site. We plan to start the training promptly at 9 AM and end at 5 PM on both days.
- Alice Aguilar, Executive Director at PTP. Even though Alice likes to hide the fact that she was a systems designer and developer with IBM in the ’80’s, her experience at this, albeit, corporate monster with top secret projects, gave her the foundation for her thinking around using data systems strategically and building a culture of data use in organizations. Her varied experiences as an organizer, director, fundraiser, campaign field director, photojournalist, web editor, paralegal, techie, program director, and consultant in various non-profit organizations provided her the insight and deep understanding of how every organization struggles with building and using systems that move their organizing work that is strategic, integrated, and efficient. And it was this long road over of 20 years in the field that has solidified her commitment to help groups make the organizational and technological shifts needed to WIN.
- Tomás Aguilar, Data Specialist at PTP. Tomás is an educator, organizer, communicator, and technologist working for social change. He was an organizer and media associate at United for a Fair Economy where he helped run media campaigns, and Alternatives for Community & Environment where he organized with both the Transit Riders Union to achieve campaign goals as well as the Services to Allies program where he provided support to allied organizations working for social change. He has worked at the intersection of technology, organizing and communications for progressive social change. He also worked with Colectivo Flatlander for the past 10 years doing trainings in Spanish using a popular education methodology. He also served on the Leadership Council for Progressive Communicators Network and was a trainer for the National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights’ trainer’s bureau.
- Yee Won Chong is committed to addressing racial justice, economic equality, environmental sustainability and gender/LGBTQ inclusion as a trainer, strategist and catalyst for change. Born and raised in Malaysia, Yee Won Chong has been initiating development and earned-income projects since secondary school - and, for the past 17 years, has translated those skills into professional work for social justice and change. Yee Won uses an integrated holistic approach to organizing, communication, fundraising and philanthropy.
Before becoming a consultant Yee Won was the Development and Communication Director at Western States Center. Yee Won has also worked at United for a Fair Economy and Haymarket People's Fund and serves on the board of Grassroots Institute of Fundraising Training.
- Rebecca Johnson brings her over 30 years of experience as a writer, fundraising organizer and popular educator to help grassroots social and environmental justice organizations build successful grassroots fundraising programs. Rebecca is a core consultant with the RoadMap Consulting team and teaches at Sarah Lawrence College.
|A Definition of Grassroots Fundraising _ Opportunity Knocks”.pdf||210.75 KB|
|ABC of Prospecting.pdf||14.81 KB|
|Annual FR Plan Worksheet.pdf||50.75 KB|
|Categories of Constituents Worksheet.pdf||34.39 KB|
|Circles of Influence.pdf||12.37 KB|
|Constituency Circles Labeled.pdf||14.96 KB|
|Drip Campaign Concept.pdf||109.52 KB|
|Fundraising PB Training Participant Agenda.pdf||40.32 KB|
|Fundraising Planning Worksheet.pdf||85 KB|
|Fundraising Training August 2014 handout.pdf||9.27 MB|
|Gift Range Chart.pdf||15.6 KB|
|Mimi Ho GrassrootsFundraisingStrategyChart.pdf||90.44 KB|
|Peer-to-peer Best-practice.pdf||53.59 KB|
|Peer-to-peer slides.pdf||930.25 KB|
|PTP Fundraising Strategy Worksheet.pdf||52.55 KB|
|Sprint Campaign.pdf||216.23 KB|