This document describes how to capture an image of the screen on a Macintosh computer.
Instructions for OS 9.x
* An image of the entire screen, press Command-Shift-3.
* A particular area of the screen, press Command-Shift-4. This will change the shape of the mouse cursor. Drag to select the area of the screen to capture.
* An image of only a certain window, press Command-Shift-4-Caps Lock, then click the mouse pointer in the desired window.
These methods will store the screen image in the root level of the local hard drive as a Simple Text image. If you wish to copy the images to the Clipboard instead, hold down the Control key as you select the part of the screen or window.
Instructions for Mac OS 10.x
Mac OS X ships with the Grab utility.
* Double-click on the MacOSX hard drive.
* Select the Applications folder.
* Select the Utilities folder.
* Select Grab.
* Double-click on the Grab application to launch the program.