Introduction to creating contribution pages.
Demonstrate basics of how to enable users to make donations to your campaigns.
Basic knowledge of how to navigate in Powerbase.
Theme: But wait a minute...
A volunteer hears about the membership meeting. They can't come but want to write a check to support the meeting. Wait a minute! How can we record this check??
Demonstrate offline contribution.
- Lookup contact
- Click Contributions tab
- Click New Contribution
- Explain financial types
But wait a minute! What if he is a normal human being and doesn't carry his checkbook around? How can we accept a credit card donation?
Explain Payment processors
- Show payment Processor Workflow
- Discuss authorize.net vs stripe. Don't use Pay pal, don't use iATS
- Setup dummy payment processors: include both live and test
- Demonstrate contribution with credit card
But wait a minute! What if we want people to do this over the Internet?
Show existing contribution page
- Go to Manage Contribution page
- Review settings of existing Contribution page, explain how to fill in the intro message and footer
- Skip sections that are not set
- Show link to view live and testing page
No exercise: practice during combined contribution page/event page exercise