PowerBase automatically provides the ability to record an activity for a contact by sending an email to a special email address. When PowerBase receives the email, it will create an activity tied to the contacts in the database matching the From, To:, and Cc: email addresses.
The email address to use depends on the web address of your database. For example, if your database address was https://fight.ourpowerbase.net, then your email address would be
Here is what you can expect:
- It only works with individual contacts, not organization contacts.
- If a contact with a matching email address does not exist, then the contact will be created.
- The activity will be "added by" and also "assigned to" the email address of the person who sent it
- It will be "With" all of the email addresses in the To or Cc fields
- The processor runs every ten minutes - so you won't get an immediate response when you send an email - you may have to wait up to 10 minutes
- You cannot email activities to cases - they will appear in the Activities tab. However, after sending the email, you can lookup the activity in the Activities tab and click the "File on case" link.