Here's a short list of resources and interesting articles - sort of a primer - on Social Media. These resources were suggested during the 'Social Media for Social Justice' workshop, facilitated by Jack Aponte, with Palante Technology, and Alice Aguilar, with Progressive Technology Project, at the NYC Strategic Communications and Media Conference on October 28, 2010, sponsored by the New York City Funders' Collaborative.
- Jack Aponte's, Palantetech, Social Media for Social Justice Quick Reference
- PTP's REVERB CRIB Notes
- AspirationTech's Online Communications Publishing Matrix – and simple matrix template
- PTP's REVERB Communications Planning Worksheet
- Malcolm Gladwell's "Small Change: Why the Revolution Will Not Be Tweeted" in the New Yorker, October 4, 2010.
- David Pogue's "For Those FaceBook Left Behind"
- DIOSA Communication's Facebook Best Practices for Nonprofit Organizations