To create a dashlet, here are the steps:
- Click Reports > Create Reports from Templates
- Select the report that you want to see.
- Choose the criteria you want to look at in your dashlet (this can be a tricky part, so reach out if you need help here).
- Click Preview Report.
- Once there, click Create Report.
- At the bottom of the Create Report section, there's a checkbox that says "Available for Dashboard?"
- Click it, and users with permission to see that information (i.e. if it's about events, users who have permissions to see event-related stuff) will be able to add that dashlet.
Read more about dashboards and dashlets in the CiviCRM online documentation.
PowerBase - General